Monday, August 3

Vacation!

VACATION!!!!!! REST, RELAXATION, FUN, FOOD...............................

Bobby and I have traveled to MO and we are spending the week with Brandon and Casey. We had a great 17 hour journey by car on Saturday. Yesterday we attended service at James River AG. Pastor John Lindell spoke a great message that stirred our hearts. It was awesome! It always feels so good to be in the presence of God with people who love Him.

The ministry can be very challenging and stressful. As pastors and pastor's wives we need to take care of ourselves or we will not be effective in ministering to those around us. In the busyness of life it is easy to become overwhelmed with the everyday routine of things. The routine tends to weigh heavy on our hearts and robs us of our needed time with the Lord. When we neglect that time we suffer spiritually and mentally. We cannot hear God's voice when we are tired and weary.

I am looking forward to spending quality time with the Lord on this trip. I plan to rise early and sit in the presence of God. So many times we totally miss what God has for our lives simply because we are too busy.

Isn't it refreshing to know that even when we are puzzled or stressed God has the answers? In the solitude and quiet times with HIM, we can receive clear direction and answers to whatever we need. I am looking forward to that quiet time this week.

If you are struggling today I encourage you to seek Him for the answers. He will bring peace to your soul. He is so AWESOME and I am so thankful for the work He has done in my life.

Blessings friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah,

    I just found your blog through your friend request..... Just through the past few minutes I have browsed your blog I have been encouraged and blessed. Thank you for your ministry to the Body of Christ!!!

    Blessings.......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!