Thursday, July 30

Ever Feel Like An Imposter?

Thank you for reading my blog. I want to confess today and say to you that I know I am not a writer. I am certain that many times my blogs are filled with incorrect grammar and many other things. But God has called me to use my blog as a tool for my ministry.

I know that many folks use their blogs as journal entries, telling everyone what is happening in their lives. I think that is wonderful and I enjoy reading many of them but for me it is different.

If I can make a difference in one person's life by merely posting truth about Jesus Christ on my blog I have accomplished a great thing for the Kingdom of God. So, that my friends is Debbie Shank's definition of blogging and that is why I do what I do.

I facilitate several mentorship groups and have been doing this for over six years. One of the discussions that has come up often in these groups, and also during the monthly Chocolate and Coffee fellowships, are feelings of not being the Christian we think we should be. Intimidating feelings that convince our minds that other women are far more spiritual and holy than we are.

Ladies, let me say this. Just because someone appears to have it all together doesn't necessarily mean that they do. We each have become very talented at putting on the churchy face and not allowing anyone around us to know that we are seriously going through something very heavy.
Doubt, intimidation and insecurities come straight from the pits of hell. Satan works overtime daily to play mind games with each of us. He strives to convince us that we are imposter's on the Christian journey to no where. That we are far from the real deal. His goal is to convince you and I that we are useless in the Kingdom of God. Satan's goal is to convince us to believe that we are not good enough to lead others to Christ. He makes it his mission to create doubt in our minds regarding our salvation.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah and Amen!!! That is shoutin' material!

There is absolutely no reason for any of us to ever feel for one second inadequate as a woman of God. God equips us with all that we need to do the tasks He has called each of us to accomplish. We are each wired differently and our lives are not the same. We should never allow Satan to place us in the arena of comparison. Serving Him isn't about us. It is all about obedience and commitment to Jesus Christ and His plan for our lives.

Look up today and thank God for His abundant blessings. He loves us and has so much for each of us to do as we strive toward that prize!

Blessings and hugs to you today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sister! This was just amazing today! We have to be so very careful not to compare ourselves with others. You said it when you wrote that it is NOT about us - it is all about Jesus! We do our service FOR HIM. Not for others. We just have to obedient to the call He has put on OUR life.

    THank you for the words here. You are a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah,
    What an AWESOME Post, and I totally agree with you, Satan our adversary, wants us to feel insecure and to always be comparing ourselves to others so as to take the light off of Jesus, and to put it on ourselves. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you write just fine!!! In fact I have told you mamy times you write better then some of the people writing the little booklets for devo's for the day!! Somedays I go, Praise God!! and now and then I say OUCH!! But I needed that!! Love and Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!