Monday, March 12

Busyness - Danger Ahead

When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.  John 10:4

When Jesus said “his sheep follow him because they know his voice,“ it shows the intimate relationship between us and our Shepherd.  We need to know God so well that in the busyness of our lives we are never fooled by impostors.  We hear many voices that may sound right but sometimes are not the ones we are meant to follow.  We can by misguided be these voices that sound so similar to God’s.

As a woman in ministry I hear voices call me to compassionate and caring actions.  Who is it that tells me to start a new program at church, send a card to a dear lady in the church, accept a speaking opportunity, mentor a young struggling woman?  How do I decide which actions to take, given the limitations on my time and busyness of my life?  Distinguishing God’s voice above all others is crucial. The Bible is God’s Word to me.  The distinctive sound of God’s voice resonates in my heart through His Word.  I need time alone with God to confidently choose my actions.  I need to listen to the unique sound of my Shepherd’s voice in order to make the right choices for my life. The closer I walk with the Shepherd, the more familiar God’s voice will become to me.

Friends, busyness can be a powerful tool in the hands of the enemy if we neglect to manage it properly.  In the midst of all you are doing this week, make sure there is time set aside for building your relationship with Christ.

Have an awesome week filled to overflowing with God’s amazing blessings!