Thursday, July 8

Be Still

I have been incredibly busy at work this week trying to catch up after being out for a week of vacation.


Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10).   This is such a great and powerful passage. I could avoid so much stress if only I would learn to apply this incredible scripture to my life DAILY!

God wants to do such a great work in our lives but often times we miss the mark because we are simply not listening. He speaks but busyness and the everyday struggles of our lives crowds out the voice of God. This has really been on my heart this week. How much more I could be for the Kingdom of God if only I would let go and let God...........

You recognize the scenario I am sure. All of us have things in our lives that bring much stress to the table. How do you process that stress? Are you a worrier? Do you carry an attitude because you are so overwhelmed with the heavy baggage? Or, can you honestly say today that you completely hand it ALL over to our Heavenly Father and allow Him to take care of the problem? I want to give it completely to Him but many times I don't choose that route. And many times, because I have allowed the bundles of baggage in this life to overcrowd my thought process, I totally missed the voice of God big time.

God's Word is absolute truth. We preach that. Why are we not living it? That is the question I have been asking myself these past two weeks. I need to come to that place in my relationship with Christ that I can fully trust Him with every need represented in my life. There isn't a magic formula or an easy solution. It is a daily process of growing my relationship with Him by reading, studying and meditating on God's Word. It comes from spending quality time daily with Hm in prayer. And the relationship will be cultivated by trusting Him with my life even when circumstances appear overwhelming and bleak.

Our Heavenly Father loves us. He created each of us in such a marvelous way. He has an awesome plan for our lives. He will protect us and He will take care of our needs. Maybe not all of our wants but our needs. If He cares for every sparrow who falls from the sky how much more will He care for you and I?

Blessings friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this...the last two months, well heck, the last two years have been so stressful at work,this is the best reminder, God is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thanks for sharing that :)

    Please help a fellow believer and surf on over to http://www.hybridhondas.com. Well you’re there please click on a sponsor link that interests you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!