Friday, September 5

Redeem the Time

I have so missed blogging this week! As you know I have been in Lancaster, PA attending the annual District Leadership Retreat for the Potomac District Council. Long..... meetings but very fruitful. As a group, we attended "In the Beginning" at Sight & Sound yesterday. It was awesome! It brought me to tears. It was absolutely the most incredible thing I have ever seen in my life.

I met with the board of presbyter's wives this morning for "tea and cookies" to discuss our upcoming Chick Chat at Minister's Retreat which is only a few short weeks away. They are such a wonderful group of ladies. I shared a devotion with them called, Redeem the Time. It talked about how time passes so quickly and life is way too short. God affords each of us many opportunities and we must take responsibility to Redeem the Time. To step up to the plate when God tugs at our heart. Many pastor's wives and christian women are hurting and are extremely lonely. We need to be that encourager. We need to pray that God will give us the boldness to come alongside of those ladies. We need to embrace them with God's love and be a friend and mentor to them. And of course it doesn't just apply to pastor's wives and women in the ministry. There are so many women all around this world who are hurting and lonely. Seek out someone in your church Sunday that you think needs a hug or a word of encouragement. Maybe you can come alongside her this coming week and encourage her in her walk with Christ. God will certainly bless you for it.


Hanna is headed to the east coast. Our forecast for tomorrow is a little bumpy. Hope we don't lose our electricity..........

Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah! I wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your blog, and here is an award for you. I pray Hanna is a nice spring rain and nothing more!

    http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/2008/09/bloggy-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!