Thursday, May 28

Listening For God's Voice - Thankful Thursday


Busyness seems to crowd our lives today. There is always something else that needs to be done. I find it so difficult to simply relax for a few minutes. My mind continues to race and I think of all the things that have to be completed! Instead of listening to my body that is telling me to rest, I jump up and proceed to take care of all the other things which need to be done in the house.

The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

How many times has God called us and we refused to listen? Instead of responding in obedience to the voice of the Lord, we ignore His voice and respond to the flesh. His voice becomes crowded by the busyness in our lives. Soon we find that our priorities are not His priorities.

Make time today for God and listen for His voice. He definitely has a work for each of us this week. If we are not obedient to the sound of His voice we are going to miss out on something incredible!

Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage is hosting TT today. Stop by and read what other ladies are saying today regarding The Voice of God.

Blessings to you today!

5 comments:

  1. You are so right! We're often so busy we lose sight of our priorities. Spending time with God should be number 1. I'm guilty in that I don't spend time like I should ... Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Thank you for sharing on this Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah,

    Wow, just getting around to all the TT visits... I love yours. The scripture...John 27:10 perfect.

    Love you and see you again this Thursday at Lauries. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!