Sunday, March 27

Good Morning Beautiful Girlfriends,

I can’t believe I woke this morning to snow! I am certain it will not be a big deal today but the lawn is white as the white stuff continues to fall. What happened to spring?

I am still dealing with laryngitis. I have had this beautiful bass voice for over a week! I saw the doctor Thursday and am taking an antibiotic. Laryngitis is tough on a worship leader. Please keep me in your prayers this week. Our District Women in Ministry retreat is next weekend and I need my voice! There are lots to do this week as I finalize all the details. Looking forward to an awesome weekend with wonderful ladies from our District as we learn how to remove and abandon our ministry masks!

Life can be wonderful, full of laughter and everything nice and it can also be challenging and full of sorrow and many disappointments. We are all facing different situations in our lives today that cause our faith to be challenged.

Last evening my hubby and I visited the funeral home for a lady who in the past five months has lost her son and daughter to cancer and then the dreadful disease took her life as well. The family was so broken and repeatedly told us how difficult the past months have been. My heart breaks for them. Can you imagine the pain they are walking through?

Life happens and even as Christians there will be challenges that we must face. As we face these times of pain and hardship how will we respond? Will we reflect God-confidence or be overwhelmed with fear and doubt?

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you (Isaiah 41: 10, 13).

This scripture encourages us not to look around in terror and be dismayed. When you look at your circumstances it is often overwhelming. We must learn to have God-confidence in every situation focusing our eyes on God and not the problem. God can handle any problem we face. He has promised us in His Word that He will strengthen us through our difficulties and He walks with us through those tough times.

Corrie Ten Boom said this, “Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear….. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength”.

I am in no way indicating that you are weak spiritually if you fear your circumstances but worry and fear are powerful tools of the enemy. When we focus on the problem more than the solution it can be all consuming. Think of all the time we waste worrying about how we are going to fix this thing we are walking through instead of praying and trusting God to deal with it.

Look up today friends and trust in an almighty and powerful God who is capable of doing anything. I know some of your challenges are huge but nothing is impossible with our God. It is true we become spiritually stronger when we are walking through the fire but only if we remain focused on God and not the problem. We certainly cannot be a testimony to those around us if we are constantly whining about our circumstances.
Be confident in the God we serve! He loves you and His plan and purpose for your life and ministry is incredible. Trust Him friends. You won’t be disappointed.

Have an awesome Sunday!

Love and appreciate you,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!