Monday, August 25

Lessons From the Raging Rapids


A number of years ago Bobby and I were pastoring a church in Maryland and God called me to youth ministry. God certainly has a sense of humor doesn’t he? Anyway, we invited the youth group White Water Rafting one Saturday and what an experience that was for all of us!

As we navigated down the river our guides instructed us how to paddle the boat, especially when we encountered rapids. My hubby actually fell out of the boat at one point and was clinging to the side by a rope until we managed to pull him to safety. The river’s current grew fast and rough and we were challenged with some major rapids! The youth had an awesome time but I am not sure I will ever attempt that journey again.

I often think about that journey as we work diligently each week trying to keep some balance to our busy and over-scheduled lives. Many days I feel as though I am paddling as fast as I can to navigate down the river through those raging rapids.

Philippians 4:13 says, I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Can we really do everything? We paddle vigorously some days but are we truly getting anywhere?

The power we receive in union with Christ is sufficient to do His will and to face the challenges that arise from our commitment to doing it. As we contend for the faith we will face huge rapids in the river like troubles, stress, and trials. I want MORE of GOD in my life!  I want others to see MORE of GOD in my life!  I want to know HIM MORE! I long to see more miracles and the supernatural this year....................

Pray and ask God daily to strengthen your paddles so that it will be easier to navigate those horrid rapids.We serve an awesome and powerful God. And for whatever reason, we often try to fix the problem on our own before using our paddles of prayer, seeking God’s face and asking him to help us. As we paddle through life we need to  remember who our source is. Allow Christ to take charge of the paddles and make the challenges you face much easier as you navigate those challenging rapids.

May God saturate your life with His power, anointing, blessings and love!