Sunday, January 9

Good Morning Beautiful Peeps!


It is officially the beginning of a New Year in my house! All the Christmas decorations have been neatly packed away for a long nap……….. What a task!

Ministry is rewarding, exciting, stressful and sometimes even discouraging. I shared my heart last week about how God has spoken to me regarding being more intense this year about studying God’s Word and seeking His face. In my own life it is even more than that.

How many times do we find ourselves comparing who we are with other women in the ministry? How many times do we allow the enemy to convince us that the sermon we preached was a BIG zero? How many times do we find ourselves thinking that we just don’t measure up to others around us who are successful in ministry? Those are thoughts from none other than our big ugly enemy who is a liar and master of deception! It is cool to be who God created you to be because His fingerprints are on your soul. God has chosen us to be vessels of the Word in a dying world.

God’s plan for all of us is magnificent and unbelievable! His power and anointing is all around us but sometimes we fail to tap into those resources. Intimidation and insecurity are real and if we are honest with ourselves we would admit that both of these tools from the enemy invade our lives often. The enemy will do anything to keep us from achieving all that God has for us.

Each of us has dreams that have been engraved on our souls by God. If we feel limited in our walk with Christ we are limiting Him to achieve those dreams.

Are there others who can preach better, sing better and teach better than we can? Absolutely but that doesn’t mean we refuse to pursue God’s plan for our lives. You are unique in God’s plan. As I mentioned last week, God specifically designed His plan for your life. He has called you to do things for the Kingdom that no one else can do. Friends that is an awesome challenge!

Psalm 125:1 tells us that those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion. We must trust God in 2011 because he never changes. He cannot be shaken by the changes in our world, and he endures forever.

Do we need help achieving the plan God has for our lives? Absolutely! I lift up my eyes to the hills; where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 121: 1-2 NIV).

Don’t buy into the deception of the enemy. Hang on tight to God’s promises. He will never fail us and if He has called you He will equip you to accomplish great things for Him! Don’t try to be a carbon copy of someone else’s ministry. Pursue God and allow Him to do a great work in YOU. When we fully submit our lives onto our Heavenly Father it is amazing what He will do!

Have a blessed week and a powerful Sunday.

Love and appreciate YOU,
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these thoughts. Just what I needed to hear! Satan is trying to pull some of his old tricks again and there has been lots of confusion. Praise God for this simple reminder from your blog. I am marked with the fingerprints of God to be who God has created me to be and do what He has created me to do :) Blessings to you and your family! --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog. I have one and am wondering where you got your bar that shows facebook, etc. And do you find it useful? Thank you. You may email me: joynmyhrt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!