Thursday, August 13

Thankful Thursday - HOPE

Iris at Grace Alone is hosting Thankful Thursday today. Visit her site and check out the other posts.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I am thankful today that I can place my life in God's hands and confidently trust Him to complete His will in my life wherever that may lead.
I am thankful today that my hope is in Jesus Christ and what He has for my future.
I am thankful today that I don't have to lean on my own understanding in situations and circumstances that just don't make sense. God will take care of it if I choose to release it to Him.
I am thankful today for incredible Butter Toffee flavored coffee!
I am thankful today for the convicting power of God to guide me in the proper direction when my life doesn't always reflect His example.
I am thankful today for my wonderful family and the opportunity to live my life as a pastor's wife.
I am thankful today for the many blessings God has placed in my life.
I am thankful today for a wondeful vacation where we had an opportunity to be renewed and refreshed.
I am thankful today for the church we have been pastoring for almost eleven years. We have a very loving congregation. They are such a blessing.
I am thankful today for the beautiful flowers in my yard and my patio which is my "quiet place".
And I am thankful today for God's incredible peace that is always present in the midst of life's storms.

What are you thankful for today friends?

We are so blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely thankful thursday list. You indeed have a lot to be thankful for and I rejoice with you!

    I also love being a Pastor's wife - it is a process of learning and growing, but God has been so good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I have appreciated your frequent posts on Facebook. You are always so encouraging to others, including me. I enjoyed reading your thankful list today. But the one that stood out to me was "And I am thankful today for God's incredible peace that is always present in the midst of life's storms".

    I needed to hear that one right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!