Monday, July 6

God Is Working Where You Are Right Now

Last week Bobby and I decided to partially clean out our garage. What a mess! Our home doesn't have the luxury of a basement so all the excess treasures somehow finds permanent residence in our garage.

We recently learned of a place that would gladly receive our treasures and we were only required to deliver the items . It was amazing! As we unloaded the boxes from our car people were going through our things. What is that old saying? One man's junk is another man's treasures! Oh yeah! We were able to treasure lots of folks with several car loads of our junk. Our garage is slowly transforming into its original purpose instead of a storage bin! AMAZING!

That analogy may seem ridiculous to you but think about this. How many of us have become frustrated with where we are because we don't think God is using us? Are you becoming impatient waiting for God to open the door you have been continually praying about? Are you anxious about what God has for you but tired of being in a place you feel is not making an impact for the Kingdom of God? Are you discouraged being at a particular place in your life when you think you should be doing something else for the Lord?

Each of us are physically somewhere right now. We often pray, "God, what do you want me to do next?" but instead we should pray, "God, what do you want me to do while I'm right here?" Direction from God is not just for your next big move. He has a purpose in placing you where you are right now. Begin to understand God's purpose for your life by discovering what it is He desires you to do at the moment!

My leadership mentoring group is reading Anonymous by Alicia Britt Chole. What an awesome book and I encourage you to place it on your reading list. This is an excerpt from the book. Distracted with daydreams of tomorrow's potential, I often found today's reality pale and tasteless in comparison. Before I could even be capable of valuing hidden years, I first had to start valuing each day as something more than just a boring prelude to the exciting future. Every day is a gift from God.

I believe many times we get so caught up in thinking about God's purpose for our lives we totally lose sight of our purpose and what God is doing in our lives. Churches may make this mistake also. For example, the congregation may pour all of its energies into a new facility, only to become self-satisfied or fearful of letting certain groups use it. If this happens, they have focused on the building and lost sight of its purpose - to bring others to Christ.

God has embedded in my heart a huge dream regarding my ministry. I am chasing that dream with anticipation, confidence and excitement. God grants us the desires of our hearts. When? How? Where? These are valid questions to be considered but I won't allow the enemy to discourage me from pursuing what I know God has instilled in me. God constantly reminds me that His timing is not our timing. He has a work for you and for me right now where we are. This is preparation for the bigger picture in our future. Yes, it sometimes does become discouraging when we think we know what God wants for our lives, but God tells us to wait upon the Lord. We are to give 100% to the work where we are. It isn't always easy when you want something so badly but again this is preparation for the next step in our ministry and God's purpose for our lives.

Our garage is not the true definition of a garage but it is slowly being transformed one step at a time. Allow God to transform your life one step at a time as you persevere towards the goal He has placed before you.


Happy Monday! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!