Tuesday, December 30

Servanthood


This year is quickly coming to a close. Like many of you, I have been thinking about my personal ministry accomplishments in 2008. I have also been evaluating my relationship with Christ and pray that 2009 will be a banner year in my own personal life as a mentor and Godly influence to those around me. For the past several weeks, in my quiet time with the Lord, the word "servanthood" continues to resonate in my mind. Effective leadership requires each of us to demonstrate genuine servanthood. Jesus was a servant and He expects the same from you and I today.


How effective could the Church of today become if all believers made themselves SERVANTS to advance the cause of Christ? Imagine what would happen if everyone reached this level in their discipleship process of being more concerned about the well-being of the Church and others than about their own personal interest.


A true disciple is a servant who diligently works for the Master out of love and devotion. If no one notices, if no one says "thanks," it doesn't matter. True servanthood brings true and lasting satisfaction.


May the Lord truly bless you and your family in 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on servanthood! There is much to ponder here as we look forward to a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the very heart of ministry. All ministry has it's roots in servanthood. What a thought provoking post. THank you for sharing

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thought Deborah! Some many resolutions are about what we can do for ourselves and the focus should be on what we can do for others! that was Christ's focus and we should strive to be like Him. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction! God Bless and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!