Monday, March 3

Being Real

I have been out of the loop this past week regarding my blog due to an intense schedule at work and in my personal life. We began Sectional Councils in our District last week. The Women's Ministries Department are hosting luncheons at each Council for Pastor's Wives and Women in Ministry. I am serving as the new Women in Ministry Consultant for our District and am responsible for coordinating these luncheons. We had a wonderful time together and the women were so appreciative of our efforts. I also had two mentorship groups last week in the evenings. Thank the Lord I was off on Friday!


We have been studying Romans in our Sunday night services. There are powerful scriptures in this book. Many churches today are preaching greasy grace and candy coated messages. I don't understand how you can sit under this type of teaching if you are reading and studying God's Word daily and not feel the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.


Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness Romans 8:8-10 (NIV).


These scriptures clearly tell me that as a Christian sin should not be a part of my life. If I choose to live in sin I do not have Christ in me. How difficult is that to understand?


Our society is filled with churches who do not preach the truth from the pulpit. The truth makes people feel uncomfortable and many people don't want their toes trampled at church. If we step on toes people may get upset and leave the church. That results in lower attendance and less income. So, churches compromise and preach half truths. People are being deceived. Their lives are full of sin and no one is stepping up to the plate to tell them any different.


There is no room for compromise in the Kingdom of God. If we elect to compromise in some areas of our lives we will eventually compromise in all areas. What makes us any different from the unsaved?


Being real is a difficult task in our society. Obeying God's Word and pursuing holiness is a tall order today. People may look at you weird but the prize that awaits those who are faithful is priceless.


I love cookies, candy, cakes , pie, etc. Placing me in a room full of desserts is like placing an addict in the midst of their addiction. I struggle daily with limiting the amount of sweets in my diet so they scales will not sky rocket when this body steps on them! I eat alot of fat free or low fat sweets to help with the calorie intake. Does fat free or low fat taste like the real thing? Of course not but the prize is worth the journey when you can slip into a smaller size jeans! My point is there are sacrifices that must be made for anything worthwhile in this life. We are being hard pressed from all avenues to do things that are not uplifting to the Kingdom of God. If I give in to a piece of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting it is very difficult to reject the next piece. Why? Because I compromised. If we give into the temptations around us once we will be even more tempted to give into the next, and the next, etc.


Being real is a tough journey in our walk with Christ but the reward is incredible!


Blessings to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!