Monday, June 11

Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4, Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

What an awesome weekend! Bobby and I went to Richmond Friday afternoon and spent quality time with Brandon and Casey. They both had softball games Friday evening so following their games we had a late dinner and returned home at 1:00 a.m. Saturday was a very busy day trying to complete the chores that accumulated throughout the week.

Bobby preached two awesome sermons Sunday and the presence of God was so powerful. Our graduates were recognized in the morning service and honored by a reception Sunday evening. We also had a very special visitor. The former Attorney General! It was a long day but an incredible day in the Lord!

When the alarm bellowed this morning at 5:00 a.m. I wanted to do anything but rejoice! As I scrambled out of bed and navigated my limber body to the kitchen to prepare coffee I felt exhausted and completely drained. This was only Monday morning! I immediately began scanning my calendar in my mind desperately seeking to find an hour or two when I could have some major down time this week. This is pretty sad given it is only Monday! The word rejoice was not apparent in my vocabulary!

As the day has progressed I am reminded as I walk in God's will I must totally trust Him to lead and guide me. I have been strategically placed, where I am, in this particular season of my life, for His purpose, and am encouraged to take full advantage of the opportunities He has given me. Even when my weary and tired body screams for rest I need to thank God for the moment.

God always shows up on the scene. When we are tired He gives us what we need to keep pressing onward for Him. I am rejoicing today for unending possibilities and opportunities throughout this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!