Thursday, May 10

Rest and Relaxation!

I have just returned from spending four days in Hagerstown, MD coordinating the 90th Potomac District Council. It was incredible! The presence of the Lord was so awesome even in the business sessions!

Brandon was ordained Monday evening. Bobby and I are so proud of him. At twenty-four years of age he is now officially an ordained evangelist! We are believing that God is going to do incredible things through his ministry.

Now that Council is behind me I can begin concentrating on our cruise! We depart Saturday for the Western Caribbean. We are so excited. Bobby and I will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary this July and have never done anything like this. We are so looking forward to getting away for a few days of total REST AND RELAXATION!!!!

The ministry can be very challenging and stressful. As pastors and pastor's wives we need to take care of ourselves or we will not be effective in ministering to those around us. In the busyness of life it is easy to become overwhelmed with the everyday routine of things. The routine tends to weigh heavy on our hearts and robs us of our needed time with the Lord. When we neglect that time we suffer spiritually and mentally. We cannot hear God's voice when we are tired and weary.

I need to hear God's voice clearly and concise regarding direction for me personally in some areas of my ministry. I am looking forward to spending quality time with the Lord on this trip. I plan to rise early and sit on my balcony in the presence of God. So many times we totally miss what God has for our lives simply because we are too busy.

Isn't it refreshing to know that even when we are puzzled or stressed God has the answers? In the solitude and quiet times with HIM, we can receive clear direction and answers to whatever we need. I am looking forward to that quiet time in the next week. If you are struggling today I encourage you to seek Him for the answers. He will bring peace to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!