Sunday, December 23

Christmas Joy and Encouragement


Here we are, two days from Christmas!!  I bet your shopping is done, gifts are wrapped and cookies are baked right………….?  Well I can tell you that isn’t the case in my life.  So much to do and so little time to accomplish all the tasks on our plates.  I love Christmas but every year is such a challenge for me to get it all finished by Christmas morning.

Persistence definitely has its rewards.  We all have a zillion things to accomplish before Christmas morning and we will continue to work at it until it is all done.  We have a responsibility to our spouse, families and our church family.  But what about our persistence regarding what God has called us to do?

The lady with the issue of blood in the Bible was amazing.  Have you ever really thought about how difficult it was for her to forge her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of Jesus’ garment?  Jesus was on his way to Jairus’s house and people were all around him.  Multitudes were surrounding him virtually making it impossible to get through.  But one woman was persistent and determined to reach Him.  Her faith was so strong that she knew if she could just touch the hem of his garment she would be healed.  That friend is amazing faith!

I want that kind of faith in my life.  When I am faced with overwhelming challenges  I want to demonstrate faith that has no doubt .  I want to demonstrate that same faith in my life when everything around me looks dark and hopeless.  That level of faith will take us places we never dreamed were possible in our lives.

So, what will it be for you?  We are quickly approaching a brand new year filled with many joys, doubts, challenges, and most likely some times of heartache. Our faith and trust in Jesus Christ will definitely carry us through to the end if we determine in our own hearts that no matter how difficult the journey to the hem of the garment – it will be worth it.

Be blessed friend.  I pray for God’s amazing power to penetrate your services today.  I pray for a special touch from God today for you and your family.  God loves you so much. No matter what lies the enemy whispers in your ears, God’s plan is amazing and He longs to use you to further the Kingdom.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!