Tuesday, December 20

Blizzard Blindness


I don't really like snow. As I get older I despise cold weather and dread driving on snow covered roads. My husband and I pastored a church in Garrett County Maryland for five and half years. Our first winter there we were blessed with over 300 inches of snow!!!! Yippee! I was excited......not!! Anyway, the kids loved it and our son Brandon learned to ski very well during our tenure in that church.

One Christmas we traveled to Hagerstown to visit family for the day. Upon returning late on Christmas evening we encountered a horrific snow storm. There didn't seem to be any road, white lines or pull off area. We drove through incredible "white outs" and finally got off the main highway and decided to travel back roads to our home that night.

I am not kidding you when I tell you that the snow was up to our car bumper. God was with us or we would have never made it through that storm. Our eyes remained intently glued to what we assumed was the road, navigating carefully through the snow. We arrived home safely many hours later.

Do you ever experience days when you feel as though you are in a blizzard? Do you ever feel as though you have no vision as to the future? Are you navigating through a blizzard in your life today?

My Jesus and Savior, can see my road all the way to the destination He has planned for my life. That journey includes many bumps, often curves and numerous blind spots. But He remains with me providing encouragement, comfort and peace daily.

In order for Bobby and I to keep from crashing in that horrible snowstorm, our eyes remained fixed on the road so we didn't end up over an embankment or in a ditch. If I want to keep from crashing each day I need to keep my eyes on Christ, "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2) and follow Him. He will safely navigate us through any storm we face in this life.

Dear Jesus, help save me from today's blizzard. Fill my heart and soul with you Lord, so my life's desire is to do your will. Help me to focus on YOU God and not me. Amen.

Blessings friends!