Thursday, February 16

No Imitation Jesus Fix ..................

 Like many of you, I love coffee!  I guess you can say I am definitely "hooked". I have a routine each morning and the second task on my list after taking Jericho and Jochebed (my awesome little people with fur)  to the potty is brewing a fresh pot of coffee. I am definitely a caffeine freak! Each sip satisfies that craving I long for............  Any coffee fanatics out there?

Do you truly crave God's Word each day? What if you don't have time to read your devotion or pray? Do you receive a "gut check" or is it acceptable to skip God for several days? Are you seriously "hooked on Jesus" or is it merely something you do because you are feelin' a little guilty? Does God's Word truly enrich your life or do you see it as something else you have to cram into an already overwhelmed schedule?

Our lives are busy and if you are like me, I don't have to look for things to fill the time in my day!  Sometimes I absolutely crave a little "white space" in my life. It is a rare moment to simply curl up in a comfy chair with a good book and enjoy the evening. There seems to always be something that needs to be done. Just like you, the demands in my life never seem to cease.

Although life is arduous, I don't ever want to place God on a shelf and ignore all that He has has already done for me and wants to fulfill in my life. I am so thankful for His forgiveness, love, mercy and grace. I want to "crave" Him with all that I am. I want to be so "hooked" on God that I cannot tolerate one day without reading and meditating on His Word and praying.  I don't want to accept any substitute for my Lord.

I cannot tolerate instant coffee! It lacks everything that fresh brewed coffee offers. And I refuse to settle for substitutes regarding my walk with Christ. I don't want an "Instant Imitation Jesus Fix".  I want the real deal.  A genuine solid rock relationship with my Heavenly Father.   I want everything He has available for my life and ministry.  How about you friend?  We need to walk close to God...........

Blessings!