Monday, September 17

God is still awesome

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


God's presence was powerful in our services yesterday. His anointing was all over that place and the altar time last night was incredible. If you were in that place and didn't feel the presence of God you truly missed it!

If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land. Isaiah 1:19.

What good is it to have the truth preached Sunday after Sunday if you refuse to apply it to your life? What good is it if you are repeatedly exposed to incredible services where the presence of God is real, refuse to respond to the praise and worship and simply disobey God when the invitation to the altar is given? What good is it to bring your needs to the church week after week after week and refuse to ask God to help you? You my friend are missing out tremendously.

Jesus said, "If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink!" (John 7:37). If we have any need of any magnitude we are to ask Jesus for what we want, and then receive it. Yes, it is that simplistic. Ask and you shall receive. How difficult is that to comprehend? But people Sunday after Sunday enter the church with excessive baggage strapped to their backs only to exit the church carrying that same baggage. Jesus is waiting with outstretched arms to remove those things from our lives but we refuse to be obedient and surrender unto Him.

Yesterday I went to church thirsty for more of Him. I wasn't disappointed. As Christians we need to be thirsty for more of God each day. Pursuing holiness and Christ-like character requires consistent thirsting for the things of God.

God is available to us 24/7. If you are thirsty today for more of Him seek His face with high expectations of receiving everything He has for you this day. God is still awesome and if you are obedient and willing He will pour out His presence and blessings upon your life in an awesome way.

Blessings to you today!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie--that was awesome! "What good is it to have the truth preached Sunday after Sunday if you refuse to apply it to your life? " That has so applied in my life in the early years with kids!
    I would go to church---drag myself---so whipped out exhausted from the morning hassle of getting them ready, myself, some lunch going...husband's clothes ironed...etc....then one day, things had to change! A message got through....my heart saw what my mind didn't. I didn't go with a heart "thirsty" for Christ...it was more of "habit of my life".
    I am so thankful for the day God showed up in my life and showed me what was wrong and how to fix it!
    Thank you for pointing out some real issues that so many of us face! But many times "refuse to face".
    God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I don't know if Karen left you a comment a few days ago that I had a sweet award for you over at my blog or not!! She was helping me get this all done!

    I do have a "YOU MAKE ME SMILE" award over at my blog for you!! Scroll down and you will find it!! your blog does lift me up every time I come over here!! Thanks for sharing your heart with us almost daily!! Love and Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting this site. I pray that Chocolate and Coffee will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings and hugs!