Thursday, September 19

Stretch!


Like rubber bands, our personalities, talents and gifts are different. We are not effective unless we are being stretched. There's no person who comes into this world fully equipped for success. Success is neither a magic nor a work of a genius. Success is due to our stretching to the challenges we face throughout this journey of life.

Many of us try to avoid STRETCHING. When something appears larger than we are, we tend to retreat. Why? Maybe it is FEAR. The unknown can really paralyze us. Maybe it is SATISFACTION. I believe when we really like where we are we become imprisoned within our comfort zones. Maybe it is LOW SELF-ESTEEM. Many people who experience low self-esteem have above average ability but they don't see themselves in that manner.

1 Corinthians 15:58, Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

I believe as we continue to serve Christ we find ourselves in a continuous mode of STRETCHING. Unless we are STRETCHED how can we possibly grow in the things of God? If we are going to serve Christ with everything we are we must be willing to step out of our comfort zone and allow God to STRETCH us according to His will. A rubber band serves no purpose until it is STRETCHED. When we totally surrender ourselves to God, expect the unexpected. We will be STRETCHED way beyond anything we ever imagined.

I wonder how many times in the past. when I refused to STRETCH for God out of FEAR, SATISFACTION or LOW SELF-ESTEEM the many blessings I missed because I didn't trust Him enough with my life?

My prayer today is that the Lord will continue to STRETCH me. I want to be used to reach unsaved men and women for the Kingdom of God however He chooses to do that. I want to connect with and encourage other pastor's wives and women in ministry who my be struggling in the ministry. Thank you Lord for the talent and the abilities you have given me. Thank you God for continuing to open doors of opportunity. You are so awesome!

STRETCHING never stops. Proverbs 16:3, Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. If we are not STRETCHING in our personal walk with Christ we cannot be as effective for Him as we really need to be. So STRETCH!

Remember - a rubber band is worthless unless it is STRETCHED.
Blessings and hugs!